The indoor SimRush controller is all important to the way our system works. It “phones home” to our datacentre where our monitoring/management systems are located using any internet link connected. This connection allows our cloud based management system, SPanel, to monitor and configure your SimRush Controller’s network settings and WiFi services remotely.
One of the unique features of the system is the way that we can load balance your internet traffic across multiple outdoor units and/or an auxiliary WAN connection automatically. This programming has been done by default and accounts for HTTPS (SSL) sites to be locked by connection to whichever outgoing path the traffic originates on. This creates a stable and reliable connection for secure websites, essential for online banking as the connection through a browser to an SSL encrypted website will fail should the site sense the data is being initialised via more than one source.
Our system uses a sophisticated routing table with automatic failover to sense which WAN connections are actually live and balances traffic evenly across all available routes. Further bespoke configuration changes can be made to shape traffic through a particular WAN interface should the client desire.
- All traffic for a VoIP phone system may need to use a particular gateway service provided by the VoIP provider.
- Inbound Public IP address services for remote monitoring or CCTV traffic can be forced to always use the same public IP.
- Telemetry data traffic that’s recognised by a monitoring centre to always originate from a particular IP address.
One of the unique characteristics of our SimRush Public IP address service is that it is network independent. It will re-establish the connection to our datacentre using whatever WAN connection is working on the SimRush Controller. In this way the network will self-heal maintaining the same inbound public IP address for the client’s systems regardless of the connection method used. All SimRush Controllers can handle a minimum of 2 x external WAN links, 1 x SimRush Outdoor Unit (ODU) and 1 x Auxiliary connection as standard with a maximum ox 6 x connections on a SimRush Core Controller.
All devices are locked down to prevent local access to prevent mis-configuration. The only way to make changes to the system is via SPanel our portal management system or by contacting your SimRush reseller. The management service facility is only available if the device has a valid SimRush license, provided free of charge if the client is using one of our SimRush supplied EE data SIMs or alternatively a license purchased separately via your reseller. Public IP addresses are only maintained to the device if the user purchases this add-on service in addition to the license or SimRush EE SIM.
Currently the services that the portal will allow configuration of are:
- LAN IP Address range
- DHCP server settings, including DNS
- Central Wireless Controller for multiple SimRush Access points
- Wireless SSIDs for 2.4ghz and 5ghz
- Wireless WPA2 security key
- Port forwarding
- DHCP lease reservations
- Frequency management for multiple AP’s
- Permit and Deny Access Control including time profiles
- Statistics and graphs
- Access point availability checking (Online / Offline)
With future development of the Management system we are going to introduce:
- DHCP Options
- Central Wireless Controller enhancements
- Guest Network Management
- Inbound firewall rules
- Guest access setup
- Ability to change router operation (Failover / load balanced)
- Change load balancing profiles
Additional Bespoke services that we can offer are:
- All of the above, plus
- Guest network configurations
- Self-service guest WiFi portal with optional PayPal integration.
- Multiple Networks including Vlan configurations
- Multiple WiFi SSIDs
- VPN services
- Content Filtering Services
- Traffic shaping, network bandwidth prioritisation, Quality of Service (QoS)